Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Coffee Shop Delight

Squeals. Hugs. Laughter. "How ARE you?" I looked up from half way across the room where I sat by the fireplace reading the paper. The two middle-age women were hugging and squealing by the front door where one had been sitting with a group and the other had just appeared.

"And the kids?" "Are you happy. . .?" ". . .every Friday." "These are my friends. . ." "Well, we'll see. . ." "Oh, wonderful. . ." And so it continued with my wondering why they didn't get together more often to catch up, more quietly. More privately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home