Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

My regular Sunday coffee shop [Caribou] had a newbie on duty, and at 6:35 a.m., the coffee still wasn't made, so I hopped back in the car and went to another Caribou about a mile away. While sitting by the window I overheard the two guys behind the counter who were making the coffee and waiting on customers:

Clerk #1: "There was a guy in here yesterday--had four kids and his wife is pregnant with the fifth. All girls."

Clerk #2: "Oh God. I'd have to shoot myself."

Cross posted at my regular, all-topics, no-holds-barred, but always clean and tasteful Collecting My Thoughts.

1 Comments:

  • At 27 June, 2006 14:37, Blogger B.E.C.K. said…

    With an attitude like that, let's hope clerk #2 never procreates. Five kids sounds like (and is) a dream to me, despite the accompanying challenges. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home