Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Asiago Bagel Breakfast Bake

From the Panera Recipe site:

Treat your guests to a savory egg and Asiago bagel [my very most favorite bagel] breakfast bake that you can prepare in advance.

8 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 ounces Monterey Jack or medium Cheddar cheese, grated
6 ounces Asiago cheese, grated
4 Asiago cheese bagels

In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, salt, milk, tarragon, and paprika. Season with pepper.

Mix the grated cheeses together in a bowl.

Cut the bagels into bite-size pieces.

Grease a 2-quart soufflé or casserole dish.

Starting with the bagel pieces, alternately layer bagel pieces and grated cheese into the dish.

Pour the egg mixture evenly over everything, cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour, until the top is golden brown.

Makes 8-10 servings.

I know it's just the regular old breakfast casserole, but doesn't this sound yummy?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 21 March, 2009 11:05, Blogger Deb said…

    Asiago is my daughter & husband's favorite, too. Atlanta Bread has a round loaf of asiago which I've used to make a turkey/swiss cheese/pesto sandwich.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home