Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, January 16, 2009

He works 80 hours a week

He's not poor. When you chat with him you have the feeling one of you isn't there. He says it's because of the staff reductions in the home office, but I don't believe him. I nod and make sympathetic noises through my coffee. People who work that many housrs (I'm not referring to low income people who are working 3 jobs to pay the rent and car payment) want to be indispensable, or they have nothing else in life that excites them as much as work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home