Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rachel's in Oregon, Illinois

Rachel's at 113 North 4th Street opened sometime since the last time I visited in 2007, and expanded into the former pizza shop so is now a very handsome coffee shop/lunch room spot open Monday-Saturday. Lots of yummy things on the menu, and a handsome decor. We visited Saturday morning--early, maybe 7 a.m.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 20 July, 2009 11:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The coffee is terrific -- a gourmet roast, Ancora, that they don't publicize much, but should. REAL coffee, fresh roasted. From the front Rachel's appears to be a coffee shop. You have to look hard to find that they offer sandwiches, made to order from a surprisingly varied menu, which are freshly prepared and superb. Their pastries - scones especially, are wonderful.

     
  • At 20 August, 2009 09:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are often not open during their posted morning hours and they are seriously over-priced. They take such a long time to put whatever you order together, that I can no longer just swing by for a quick pick up because of the length of time it takes. Despite all of this, I am quite pleased there is an actual coffee shop in the area...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home