Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Monday, January 31, 2011

A degree in sociology

I met a lovely, raven haired, clear skin OSU student at the coffee shop. I asked her what she was studying, and she replied, Sociology, but had changed her major after an accident had put her out of sequence in her first choice and she could get the right classes. "What do you plan for a career with a degree in Sociology?" I asked. "I don't know," she said, "maybe a non-profit position." Shouldn't there be some career counseling by now before spending $60-$70,000 on a college degree?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home