Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11 prayer

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I said this to myself as a prayer for a young woman I met in the coffee shop. I thought perhaps she was in high school, but she told me she was finished with college. “What field are you going into?” I asked. “Oh, I don’t know. I’ll probably start looking next week.” “So nothing you took in college really piqued your interest?” I said. “Not really, I sort of liked business administration so maybe I’ll work in an office.” College is usually 4, sometimes 5 years. If she started as the recession hit in 2007-2008 maybe she found it easier to borrow money than go to work? Or, maybe her parents are wealthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home