Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Starbucks Poem

In the mornings while visiting in California I went to the Starbucks close to our Ramada Inn. The first morning there, the music was doo-wop rock and roll from the 1950s. It seemed a bit incongruous looking at the bronzed and beautiful youthful customers, but each day the music changed (Starbucks sells music CDs). One day it was Caribbean, another 80s. So apparently there were different themes for each day of the week. I wrote a poem about the day I heard the 1950s doo-wop music while sipping coffee at a California Starbucks.

Starbucks in the 50s
August 27, 2003

Frappucino, latte decaf,
Speakers above blaring doo wop.

Ethiopia yergacheffe
Sleepy customers lining up.

Yukon blend, caffe Verona,
Rock ‘n roll from their Grandpa’s day.

Expresso roast, Tazo hot tea
Sounds of the 50’s, “that’s the way.”

Gold coast blend, decaf Sumatra,
“I’m so in luv wicha baby,”

Vanilla latte, mocha malt,
“and say you will always luv me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home