Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Please! Dress at home!

At the coffee shop this morning I looked up to see a man "dressing" in the next room (there are 3 rooms in this establishment, all open to the others). He had unbuckled his belt, unzipped his pants and was tucking in his shirt (his back was to me). Then he reassembled everything into impeccable order, put on his necktie, attached two cell phones to his belt, and walked over to the counter to order his breakfast. If I find out I have my panty hose on backwards, I go to the rest room to tidy up; I don't correct the problem in public.

1 Comments:

  • At 06 April, 2005 13:43, Blogger Cindy Swanson said…

    Oh my goodness! I don't blame you for being appalled.

    For some reason, this made me think of the Mr. Bean skit where he's late for work and getting dressed while driving to work. He even brushes his teeth with window-washer fluid. Pretty funny! :) But at least he got dressed in the car, NOT at work. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home