Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Next time, use the drive-thru

She coughed all the way from the parking lot to the coffee shop door. Into her hand. No hanky or tissue. She opened the door with that hand. She put that hand on the counter while she gave her order to the clerk. She used that hand to pull out her credit card and hand it to the clerk. She walked around the counter and started coughing again, laying that hand on the pick-up area, and on the creamer bottle. She picked up her cup, coughed into her other hand, and used it to push open the door from the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home