Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

On and on and on

I don't intentionally eavesdrop, but sometimes people are so close in a coffee shop you'd have to wear ear plugs to not listen. She went on and on and on. Two women, possibly her mother and an aunt--older by a generation plus some--listened patiently as the proud mommy blathered every detail of her high school son's graduation week, his girl friend, his sports, and search for a college. Finally one of the older ladies got up for a refill; then the other. Proud Mommy didn't miss a beat. "Well, anyway," she said as they returned. "On Thursday. . . " and "then on Friday. . . " "Well, then I told him. . ."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home