Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Singing at the coffee shop

Yesterday I was reading the paper at the coffee shop. John Denver was singing "Has anyone here seen my friend, John," at least I think that was the artist. The woman behind me working at her laptop began singing along, a bit off key. I turned around to see who it was, and it was the performer from the night before! After she sang a few more rounds, I realized she was singing harmony.

This morning the 50s-something guy at the next table was singing along with the music. Our eyes met. "Do you know who that is?" I asked. "Sure," he said, "the Eagles, 'Your lying eyes.' " "After my time," I replied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home