Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Coffee Refills

At the end of the season 2005 in Lakeside, the owner of the coffee shop asked me if I had any suggestions. I suggested he stop charging for refills, because they cost him very little, but promote good feelings for customers who then drop the difference in the tip jar for the staff. It's cheaper to give free refills than to hire new staff.

So when I saw him this week-end he told me that he'd taken my suggestion, and they are no longer charging for refills.

I've been fiddling with my blog template. First, I ran the coffee cups down the side, but that looked a bit busy, so I put them at the top. Let me know if you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home