Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Reasonable food prices

Today at the coffee shop I asked her what she thought of the rising food prices (I usually shop on Monday, but am skipping it today). "I really hadn't noticed," she said. "Every thing in Ohio seems so reasonable after spending February in California." The town where they had vacationed for a month also kept out "big-box" stores like Wal-Mart, Costco, and Target with town ordinances and regulations. That's how you save the environment and jobs in California--keep out the riff-raff. Or course, it just meant the locals had to drive further to stock up on staples.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home