Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How will you spend Thanksgiving?

The coffee shop employee told me with a big smile she was planning to have six Thai students from Ohio State come for dinner on Thanksgiving Day. She'd heard about the International Friendships program at her church, and thought it would be a lot of fun. I was an English language partner with a young Chinese woman for several years through that program. Another employee told me she'd either be spending the day alone, or with her family. She wasn't smiling. I don't think either option had much appeal. One of the regulars regaled me with stories of his wife's dysfunctional family and past holidays. Yes, holidays are interesting, aren't they?

We'll be going to our daughter's after 10 a.m. services at Lytham Road UALC where the chancel will be heaped with sacks of groceries. From there the food goes to Lutheran Social Services Food Panty.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 21 November, 2007 12:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi There, You left a comment about books on my blog, and yes I totally agree, I have seen so many people that read tons of books but I think the norm may be a little deflated on that subject. Tomorrow is Turkey day and the beginning of my favortie time of the year..Happy Thanksgiving

     

Post a Comment

<< Home