Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day Care

We were waiting for the rain to stop so we could make a dash for the parkihg lot. She told me the day care is $250 a week. Wow. That's $13,000 a year--even if there's a tax deduction, that's pretty pricey. There's a sliding scale based on income, so the more you make, the more you're paying for the parents who are barely making it, so paying less. But everyone's connected in some way with the university, so that's not much diversity. Smart kids and the care takers all have degrees. She thinks it is really odd that when the parents have a week or two or even a holiday off, they leave the child/children at the center anyway. "Don't they want any time with their kids?" she asked rhetorically.

My children had the best money can't buy--me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home