Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Dads and their kids at the coffee shop

This week I saw some great bonding going on with dads and their kids over breakfast--lessons being taught. One dad was teaching his daughter fractions by writing them on the napkin and then drilling her. She looked old enough to have been taught this some time ago in school, but was having a struggle. Probably Chicago Math.

I also overheard a British dad instructing his kids in proper use of English and why it's important to wash hands. "You're doing well, not good," he reminded the younger one who spoke American English. "Go wash your hands so you don't catch colds." That may be the first time I've heard someone tell kids to wash after they've eaten.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home