Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The caregiver

He always thanks me for listening. It's 10 years this week since his wife had her stroke and he is the primary caregiver. He's in his late 80s and she is 10 years older. They have no children; no nieces and nephews to pick up the slack; they've outlived their siblings and most of their friends. He adores the home health woman who comes in to help--she always finds things to do, and he misses her when there is a substitute. It's easy to listen--he's so grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home