Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Mr. Coffee Nerves

James Lileks has collected some interesting strips for "Mr. Coffee Nerves" who tried to break up families in the 1950s. He writes: "Coffee was the crack of the 50s, apparently. Mothers would turn into hideous witches, twitchy and snippy creatures who pecked their children until they trudged out into the cold to join the circus, or live in the jungle." I remember seeing these--and they are fun to review or read the first time with Lileks humorous side comments.

See his collection here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home