Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A coffee shop poem

Week-end joggers
(inspired by the view at Caribou Coffee)



Somewhere in the city today,
in coffee shops
in parks
on street corners,
women are gathering to jog.

To pass the time they will chat,
ignoring the pain and breathlessness,
planning benefits and luncheons,
bragging about the children,
complaining about boyfriends and husbands.

Pardon me while I just watch
knowing it all jiggles when I jog
though I avoid benefits and luncheons.
Besides, the children are grown
and my husband is perfect.




1 Comments:

  • At 13 April, 2007 13:34, Blogger Lady-Light said…

    Great punch line! I really am enjoying reading your blog(s). How do you ever maintain them all? I have enough trouble researching and posting for one blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home