Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The new Tremont Rd. Starbucks

I tried the new Starbucks today and ran into a former neighbor. He's lived there about 8 years now, moving in shortly before we left, and I think everyone around him has moved. He has one of the more challenging homes in terms of upkeep, but I think they can afford it. I don't know what happened to the family who bought our house--in our opinion they ruined the floor plan (removed the dining room), then divorced and sold it--probably at a loss. As I sat at the table and looked across the street at the floundering, frumpy Kingsdale Shopping Center I did wonder what sociologist/ city planner/ architect came up with the idea of "mixed use, high density" for suburbia. Only a few of these condos have sold, and they are in the $400,000-$600,000 range. It's truly awful, both in design and concept. The 50s ranch style four-families that used to be on this land made much more sense.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home