Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Montanucci's in Orvieto

On our recent tour of Italy, coffee wasn't always available as early as I'd like at the hotel. But in Orvieto there was a nice restaurant around the corner that opened about 7 a.m.--Montanucci. In Italy, Cafe Americano is espresso with hot water added. It has no flavor. But it does have caffeine. Italians stand up at the bar, drink espresso and nibble little pastries. I carried mine to the table.

Newspapers required just a little adjustment. The English language edition, if you can find it, is 99% bash-Bush, compared to the at-home edition which may be 90% bash-Bush. The editorial page is the ex-pat's suicide letter home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home