Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Katrina survivor

I talked to a woman at the coffee shop, a 5th generation Lakesider, who is a survivor of Hurricane Katrina. She lost her business and her husband lost his career. They didn't leave right away, but after he found positions in other locations for most of his colleagues, the company cut his job. He got a number of job offers and about 3 years ago they relocated in Tennessee. They love it. She thinks the people are the friendliest she's ever met. Life is great, she said.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home