Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

One less identity theft

She dropped her credit card at the coffee bar at Panera's--a tall brunette dressed in black. I saw one of the regulars pick it up, look at it, and take it to the cashier about a minute after she wisked out the door. He looked at it, looked around for the customer, then quickly walked out the door flagging her down in the dark and the rain in the parking lot.

When he came back in and I was getting a refill, I said, "One less identity theft." He smiled and replied, "Well, I probably couldn't pass for her anyway."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home