Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Dancing Grandmother

At the coffee shop this morning I noticed a woman I'd been calling the dancing grandmother (to myself). I'd seen her at Monday night's program at Lakeside. When the performer, Glenn Colton, announced a polka and invited people to come to the stage area and dance, she was out of her aisle seat across from me immediately, dragging along one of her granddaughters. Then later when he did an Elvis imitation (Take my hand), she was dancing a slow dance with a grandson. She was having a great time. This morning viewing her in the light I realized she had a limp, possibly polio? But nothing was going to stop this dancing grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home