Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Parents of college students and others

I didn't know them, but they were chatting 6 inches from my table at the coffee shop. Each had a child in college so they were catching up. "How'd she like Auburn?" the woman asked. "Oh, she loved the school; didn't like the south," he replied. "A different culture. And there's a boyfriend back home." Ah, so that's it.

At another table I saw a young man, maybe 13-14 sitting with his parents. He was trying very hard to ignore them. That's important at that age--how well I remember.

Chatted a bit with our former choir director. He was up early to pick up coffee for a busload going to Pennsylvania for a water polo meet. I knew nothing about that sport--except that they don't use horses--so he explained it to me. It's all done while treading water! His granddaughter is on the team. Sounds really rough--especially the boy's version.

1 Comments:

  • At 02 October, 2006 15:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Norma ~ I wanted to let you know that I read your Monday Memory and really enjoyed it! The two pictures were beautiful! I'm having trouble posting on your other blog...so I thought I'd post this here. I won't be offended if you delete it because it's in the wrong place.

    Happy Monday ~ Janene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home