Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Dads do it

Yesterday morning at the coffee shop here in Lakeside I saw a very tall 40-something dad with his even taller teen-ager, maybe 15 or 16. Only the dad wore an earring. I remember back in the early 80s if your son wore an earring, he was clearly a rebellious kook and the parents feared he was gay. Now it's just dad being a hasbeen or having a mid-life crisis.

1 Comments:

  • At 18 August, 2006 13:20, Blogger Urban Daddy said…

    LOL.

    That's me and my son (althugh he is only 20 months old, and me 35. We were in a coffee shop too.

    Hmmmm.

    I saw this blog about coffee and thoght 2 things;

    1) What a GREAT idea!!!
    2) I need a coffee... NOW.

    Keep up the great work. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home