Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Mr. Coffee

I haven't been blogging about coffee shops because I actually purchased a Mr. Coffee for our Lakeside cottage. When coffee hit $2 this summer and there were no papers to read at the coffee shop, I said to self, "You must learn to make a decent cup of coffee, even if only one or two days a week." I think it cost me about $14, plus about $10 for 2 containers of coffee, one decaf and one regular. It will take awhile to make up the difference, but I'm now going to the coffee shop only about 3 times a week. If I mix it with what I brew it's. . . not fabulous, but not awful.

What really pushed me over the edge (into buying a maker) was the day the cream was frozen. As it clotted in the cup, I returned the counter and asked for a new cup. "Oh, it's not spoiled," the college girl said, "it's just frozen." Yuk. She's obviously not a coffee drinker.

My son-in-law had actually donated a gorgeous coffee maker to the kitchen stock here, but I could never figure out how to use it. Even this new Mr. Coffee has many more gizmos and springs and looks more difficult to clean than the simple one I have in Columbus (for emergencies only).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home