Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coffee shop regular

I can't even remember when I first saw this couple--I think it was long before I started coming to this coffee shop. Slim and trim. Biking. Jogging. Lately she'd been alone. So while I was refilling my coffee I stopped by her table and asked, fearing the worst. I'd recently seen him and he looked very frail and hesitant in his formerly athletic step. It wasn't a stroke. Or ill health. He was hit in a cross walk by a teen driver. When she told me, I put down my coffee and hugged her. Still don't know their names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home