Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, March 26, 2010

It's nice to be remembered

A tall, nice looking man carrying a broom stopped at my table and said, "Didn't you used to walk at the Lane Avenue Mall?" I had no idea who he was and didn't recognize him, but I agreed, that was indeed me for many years. Coffee at Caribou; walk for 30 minutes at Lane; on to open the Veterinary Library at 7:30.

"How did you remember me after all these years?" I asked, after he told me he was a maintenance worker there in those years.

"I always remember pleasant people," he said.

Maybe he remembers the times I forgot to change back into my dress shoes and had to come back and look for them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home