Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Stuffed Microbes

You should always wash your hands carefully in any public place handling food, including coffee shops. Cold germs can live quite awhile on hard surfaces like table, counters and coffee urn handles. While waiting for Steve to return my laptop at Panera's this morning I read an article in Wired about plush toy microbes.


Common cold

Now, instead of giving someone your cold, you can give her a stuffed Rhinovirus or Bordetella pertusis. Have a friend who hasn't cleaned the house in awhile? Give her a dust mite, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus. And for the book lover, the book worm, Anobium punctatum. At $6 or $7, they are cheaper than some OTC remedies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home