Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Overheard--couldn't help it

When people talk on their cell phones in public, you can often hear everything--but only one side. It's a little different when they are sitting at a table across the room at the coffee shop and you hear one side of a 3-way. This guy was so loud I finally whispered about it to Computer Guy who is always reading at the table next to me. And it was pretty graphic--apparently he was a doctor. Couldn't figure out who the two women were, because I couldn't hear them--or they never had a chance to say anything. The longer I listened, the more familiar his voice became. Finally, it dawned on me. He was my cardiologist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home