Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

You're doing all the talking, Dad!

Watching parents with their kids at the coffee shop reminds me of things I did wrong. This week I've seen the same father/daughter "together time" twice at Panera's. Both are very tall and good looking. I can't hear the conversation, but can see the look on her face. Finally, she did raise her voice, and said, "You're doing all the talking, Dad!" She was right. I could see from the body language and hand waving that he was lecturing her; I'm guessing he had suggested they go out for breakfast and "talk."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home