Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sitting by the fire at Panera's

It's below zero in Columbus. The fire at Panera's and the classical music has never been warmer! A couple in their mid-50s enjoyed the table next to mine. He was tall, not over weight; she was maybe 5'6", quite thin, and had a voice much deeper than her husband's. She also left for awhile, so I assume she went outside for a cigarette. Upon returning, she pushed back her chair and propped her feet up on the hearth with all the grace of a mechanic or tree trimmer. Later she moved to an easy chair and laid her right foot across her left knee like most men.

Made me think of my dad who used to say, "Don't you know how to sit like a lady?" when I sat in a chair sitting on my feet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home