Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The real spill

I saw a former co-worker at the coffee shop and got up to greet her, knocking over a full cup of coffee, which splashed maybe 10 ft or so. We reminisced about the days the roof leaked in our library and we were always mopping up the floor or funneling water away from the copier and computers. As I was leaving and getting a refill, I saw another regular, the Orkin Man, and told him he'd missed my performance (he used to sing with a rock band). He told me he would have applauded.

1 Comments:

  • At 14 June, 2007 20:22, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was a blessing to see my co-worker today. She taught me much about many things:

    How to edit out editorial comments in any comments that you make.

    How far faith, love and devotion can carry a person.

    How to be clear when asking questions and not to stop until you believe you have the complete answer.

    Why sometimes being "helpful" can only cause another person delay in seeking information when you don't know how to find the answers yourself. Sometimes, you have to accept that you don't know it all and you have to ask for help from those that do.

    How to say goodbye when it was time to go.

    How to make drinking coffee a happy memory verses a way to make it through the day.

    These are only a few of the lessons I was taught and I will always have a place in my heart for my co-worker. It was wonderful to see you today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home