Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A swamped Panera's


Panera's on Bethel in Columbus and at 5 points in Upper Arlington were life lines for Arlington and Columbus the last 2 days--and it may run longer. At 5-points yesterday they had people banging on the doors at 5 a.m. (opens at 6 a.m.), and they were swamped all day and pretty much cleaned out. Their Cincinnati supplier was also out, so products have been coming in from Detroit.

I sat in my regular spot today by the fireplace and watched the line snaking out into the parking lot with all hands on deck, remaining cheerful and helpful. What a good crew, Panera! Thank you!

Our area of Columbus got about 75 mph winds Sunday evening, the result of Hurricane Ike meeting a cold front from Canada. Schools, libraries, businesses and some city services are closed. One parent told me Arlington schools wouldn't open until Thursday. There's a tree across the street that is being held up by the power lines--I hope someone gets back from Texas soon and rescues it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home