Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Coffee spills literally

Sometimes it just spills. While running errands in the car today, I reached for my hot coffee and it dribbled into my lap. Not hot enough to sue anyone, especially since it was my mistake. I'd been unable to separate the lids at the coffee shop, so two lids instead of one where attached. That meant a gathering spot for coffee waiting to drip when the cup was tipped. Coffee with cream on my freshly washed and pressed khaki pants. That's like trying to get out baby spit-up. Plus, each time I wash these pants they shrink just a teeny bit, and we're heading into the heaviest calorie weeks of the year. Sigh. Or, maybe they aren't shrinking. Double sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home