Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year's Resolution

While picking up my refill at the coffee shop this morning, I asked the young female clerk if she was making any resolutions for the new year (I was probably the 100th customer to make this inane smalltalk). She thought for a moment, then said, "No, I'm pretty satisfied with my life the way it is." Refreshing.

I'll probably make no resolutions for the whole year, but a few just for January. The usual: lose the weight I picked up in the fall (I'm like a squirrel); clean out some files; try to meet those commitments I made a few months back for the writing class, art workshop, church, etc; and tackle clutter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home