Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Snow spills

On the way to the coffee shop about 6 a.m. I was listening to the weather report. It was about 34 degrees and raining, but snow was predicted, maybe 4-8 inches depending on where you live in central Ohio. Schools were ALREADY closing! You in South Dakota, Boston, or even Cleveland must think this is a hoot. We don't even wait for the snow flakes.

In the coffee shop, Christmas parties were gearing up. One lady came in and got about 20 shopping bags full of bagels, rolls, and muffins. The staff helps to carry these huge orders to the customer's car, but I wonder what happens when they get to work? When the ground was white, I decided it was time to leave. Who knows? The roads might close with 2 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home