Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Hockey talk

The men at the coffee shop today are discussing the hockey strike. We have a fairly new hockey team and arena here--The Blue Jackets. The strike is really hurting the arena district, which is just getting established. However, there's no energy in this discussion. It isn't enough to make me even raise my head from my book. It's obvious, they are not hockey fans. I know it is big in Canada and in some areas of the United States, but the apathy I'm overhearing should be a warning to the strikers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home