Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

When you see a stranger

While on a walk the other day I noticed a man getting into a car who looked familiar. He stopped to chat--seemed to know me, but I couldn't place him. "So you live here?" he said. Finally, it dawned on me, he's someone I see and talk to regularly at the coffee shop, but out of context I didn't recognize him. He'd dropped off my neighbor whom he'd taken to a doctor's appointment.

1 Comments:

  • At 14 October, 2005 10:36, Blogger G said…

    This happens to me every day of my life as I used to WORK in the coffee shop for four years. Once you get them in a different atmosphere and they aren't asking for a tall not fat no foam extra hot latte, I have no clue who they are :)

    But eventually, it dawns on me.
    Glad I'm not alone in this "how the heck do I know you" feeling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home