Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Someday . . .

I chatted briefly with a young teen--maybe 14--alone at the coffee shop. There are about 570 kids from the Lima area here at Lakeside for camp. He had a fragile, geeky appearance. He's going to wow all the girls in about 5 years and probably grow into a self confident, capable adult, but right now I can tell he's really uncomfortable with his height and weight, skin, voice, and thoughts. But he was carrying his Bible. He's got a true friend who won't let him down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home