Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Driving blind

When I drive to the coffee shop this time of year, it is dark, actually black. And when it's raining like this morning, it's really bad since I don't see well at night. The one advantage is there aren't a lot of cars around at 6:15 a.m. and I know the way (it's only about 1/2 mile).

This morning at the coffee shop about 7:15 a clerk comes up to me and says, "Are you Norma? There's a man named Bruce on the phone who wants to talk to you." Yes, it was my guy--locked out of the house calling from a neighbor's.

So I gathered my things and drove home. The problem was it was still barely light and still raining, but a whole bunch more traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home