Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The cost of tailgates

On Saturday I ran into Jack Park at the coffee shop and got a big hug before he dashed off to talk about OSU football. People were lining up to get huge trays for thier tailgate parties before the OSU-Michigan game.

I have an idea for those of you who want to be patriotic (Joe Biden's term), sharing the wealth (Obama's thought), and getting universal health care off the ground (Hillary's plan). I read this week that $16 billion is spent annually on tailgating! That would fund the CDC for more than two years. So all you Obama supporters just have to give up your fall tailgates, send the money to President elect Obama, and he'll be able to spread your money around to government salaried workers. Neat idea, huh?

By the way, if you have a Buckeye fan on your Christmas list, you'll make him or her very happy with Jack's new book. It's just outstanding. Some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and I don't even watch football.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home