Coffee Spills

What I hear and see and think about at the coffee shops I patronize.
Brisk. Fresh. Well-balanced. Occasional nutty and bittersweet overtones.
If you got here from my profile, you probably need to visit my main blog, Collecting My Thoughts which is updated every day.

Friday, November 07, 2008

From where I sit

The coffee shop is a good place to observe women's fashion and behavior. This week across the room I saw a woman in a stunning, expensive cream colored pants suit with an orange/pink paisley blouse join two men at a table for three. In her mid-30s possibly, she had a stylish hair cut, tipped with blond, perfect make-up, shoes and purse and brief case to die for. However, from a distance, I couldn't tell if this was a business meeting, or if she'd just noticed some friends and sat down. As she sat there in animated conversation, to my shock she put one foot on the chair seat, and brought her knee up above the table, the way a kid sitting on the playground might listening to the coach give instructions.



Then this morning a tall, dark haired dad maybe late 40s and his tall, dark brunette teen daughter enjoyed a breakfast bagel and coffee sitting across from me. She was wearing a mini-skirt shorter than any I saw in the 1970s. There was a table between them. Dad couldn't see her crotch, but I could. How do parents let their daughters out of the house like that and then support rules about sexual harassment in the schools?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 07 November, 2008 08:17, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said…

    I heard about our new middle school librarian who showed up at the local burger joint in her mini skirt. The woman is in her late 30's. She hopped up on her stool and certainly didn't sit like a lady. She gave the whole place a view to remember... or forget.
    Unfortunately, this happens more and more...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home